Tourist attractions in Paris France - Page 1
With over 30 million visitors going to the capital city of France every year, it is no wonder that there are so many different tourist attractions in Paris that you can visit whilst you are on holiday in France. And these range from the panoramic views at the Eiffel tower, to the unique Cite de sciences that will be able to keep everyone enthralled, not forgetting the amusement parks and attractions like the River Seine, Aquaboulevard and many more, so you will no doubt end up struggling to see everything you want to when on your holiday in Paris.
More pages - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next >>
The Eiffel Tower In Paris
The Eiffel Tower in Paris has become the icon of France and a major tourist attraction in Paris, with 7 million more people still visiting this landmark in Paris every year whilst on holiday in Paris.
- Photos of Eiffel Tower
- The History Of The Eiffel Tower
- Communications At The Eiffel Tower
- The Elevators At The Eiffel Tower
- Eiffel Towers Lights And Illuminations
- Facts On The Eiffel Tower
- Restaurants At The Eiffel Tower
- 58 Tour Eiffel Restaurant
- Jules Verne Restaurant
- Champagne Bar At The Eiffel Tower
The Musee du Louvre Museum In Paris
The Musee du Louvre is the most well known museum throughout the world and although it is often thought of as just the museum in Paris that holds the Mona Lisa painting, there is so much more to be discovered.
- Photos of Musee du Louvre
- History Of The Musee du Louvre Museum In Paris
- History Of The Louvre From Fortress To Palace
- Access To The Musee du Louvre In Paris
The Notre Dame de Paris Cathedral In Paris
The Ile de la Cite is an island that lies in the middle of the River Seine where people have resided for centuries, and it is here that you will find this famous and impressive cathedral in Paris called the Notre Dame de Paris.
- Photos of Notre Dame de Paris
- Mass and Services at Notre Dame Cathedral
- Guided Tours of Notre Dame Cathedral
- The Bells at Notre Dame Cathedral
- Musee de Notre Dame de Paris Museum
- The Crown of Thorns at Notre Dame Cathedral
- Crypte Archaeologique of Notre Dame Cathedral
- History of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Facts about Notre Dame Cathedral
The Pantheon In Paris
Originally designed as a church it became a place for great men to be buried and turned into the Pantheon, which is one of the great monuments in Paris were we can visit famous people buried here like Victor Hugo, Voltaire, Marie Curie through to the installation of the Foucoult’s pendulum.
- History Of The Pantheon
The Arc de Triomphe In Paris
The Arc de Triomphe in Paris was the idea of Napoleon I in order to honour the victories of his Grande Armee, but do not get confused, as there are actually two triumphal arches in Paris and both were commissioned by Napoleon I.
- Photos of Arc de Triomphe
- The History Of The Arc de Triomphe
- The Unknown Soldier and Eternal Flame at the Arc de Triomphe
The Hotel National des Invalides In Paris
The Hotel National des Invalides is often known as just Les Invalides and is one of the great landmarks in Paris that was initially thought of by King Louis XIV back in 1670, but today houses such things as the tomb of Napoleon, Musee de l’Armee, Musee de l'Ordre de la Liberation and Musee des Plans Reliefs.
- Photos of Hotel National des Invalides
- The History Of Les Invalides
- Napoleon I And The Tomb Of Napoleon Bonaparte At Les Invalides
- Musee de l’Armee Museum In Paris
- Musee de l'Ordre de la Liberation Museum In Paris
- Musee des Plans Reliefs Museum In Paris
The Sacre Coeur Basilica In Paris
You can see the Sacre Coeur Basilica, which has a full name of Basilique du Sacre-Coeur de Montmarte, from virtually everywhere in Paris as it is located on the top of a hill in the Montmartre area 129m above sea level.
- The History of Sacre Coeur Basilica
La Conciergerie In Paris
La Conciergerie was the very first royal palace in Paris that was built on the Ile de la Cite island in the River Seine and was initially called the Palais de la Cite and then eventually it became a prison.
- Photos of La Conciergerie
- The History of La Conciergerie
Grande Arche Monument In Paris
With a full name of La Grande Arche de la Fraternite, the Grande Arche is one of the more modern monuments in Paris that is located within the Defense area, which is the business district of the city and there are some unusual discoveries to be made when you visit this building.
- Le Premier Musee du Jeu Video en France
- Musee de l'Informatique
- O110 Brasserie and Restaurant in Paris
The Sainte Chapelle In Paris
Located on the Ile de la Cite island on the River Seine, the Sainte Chapelle has become one of the renowned historical monuments in Paris with some very unique features that makes it an ideal place to visit when on holiday in Paris.
The Avenue des Champs Elysees In Paris
The Champs Elysees is probably one of the most famous streets in the world and in France is called La plus belle avenue du monde, which translates to the most beautiful avenue in the world and with its elegance it is no wonder.
- Photos of Champs Elysees
- History Of The Avenue des Champs Elysees
Chapelle Expiatoire Chapel In Paris
Located in a square in the 8th Arrondissement of Paris, this small chapel is one of the relatively unknown monuments in Paris that was built in remembrance of King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette, but is well worth a visit if you are near hear.
The Musee d’Orsay Museum In Paris
Located on the Left Bank of the River Seine, the Musee d’Orsay is one of the museums in Paris that has a diverse collection and starts where the famous Musee du Louvre Museum finish, as its collections dated from 1848 through to 1914.
- History Of The Musee d’Orsay Museum
- Cafes At Musee d’Orsay
- Restaurant At Musee d’Orsay
The River Seine In Paris
Today the River Seine is one of the major tourist attractions and landmark in Paris with many fabulous bridges to see along with the two islands in the middle of the river, plus numerous landmarks and monuments like on the Ile de Cite island you can see La Conciergerie and Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Photos of River Seine
Jardin Du Luxembourg Park And Gardens
The Luxembourg gardens has attractions like tennis courts, playground, pond with model boats, puppet shows, many different statues and the Palais du Luxembourg.
- Photos of Jardin du Luxembourg
- History of Jardin du Luxembourg
Place de la Bastille In Paris
The Place de la Bastille or Bastille square as it is also known, is famous for the fortress that used to stand here and the Storming of the Bastille, which marked the start of the French Revolution, and is also home to the Colonne de Juillet.
- Photos of Place de la Bastille
- History on Place de la Bastille
- Colonne de Juillet At Place de la Bastille
The Palais Garnier or Opera Garnier in Paris
The Palais Garnier was inaugurated on 5th January 1875 after taking fifteen years to complete and is known today by different names such as the Opera National de Paris, the Palais Garnier or just Opera Garnier, but one of its main focuses now are ballet performances you can enjoy.
- The Opera restaurant at Palais Garnier
- Musee de l’Opera museum at Palais Garnier
Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel In Paris
The Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel is a triumphal arch in Paris that is generally classified as just a smaller version of the Arc de Triomphe, with both of these being commissioned by Napoleon Bonaparte I in order to commemorate his military victories and honour his army.
- Photos of Arc de Triomphe du Carrousel
Place de la Concorde in Paris
The Place de la Concorde is the largest square in Paris that is located along the River Seine between the Tuileries gardens and the Champs Elysees Avenue, and this square has its own rich history, but it also has the oldest monument in Paris located in the centre called the Luxor Obelisk.
- Photos of Place de la Concorde
The Luxor Obelisk Monument In Paris
The Luxor Obelisk is the oldest monument in Paris which dates back over 3,300 years, is made of red granite with Egyptian hieroglyphics engraved on it, is over 22 metres tall, weighs in at around 250 tons and was originally one of a pair of obelisks that were positioned outside the Luxor temple in Egypt.
More pages - 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 Next >>
Copyright © www.eutouring.com All Rights Reserved