This is a French campsite that is spread over an area of 12 hectares within the grounds and woods of a 17th century manor and hence the name of Camping Chateau des Marais, but it is also only 500m away from the fabulous Chateau de Chambord with many other Loire valley castle within easy reach as well.
There are a total of 200 pitches of which around 130 of these are touring pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes, with either 6amp or 10amp electricity, but there are also fully serviced pitches available as well.
On this lovely campsite in France there is a restaurant which is open virtually all season, a shop and a takeaway plus the site has activities on offer such as tennis, go-karts, fishing, canoeing and kayaking along with cycle hire to experience the numerous paths and beautiful countryside.
For those that want a bit of relaxation or pampering, then you could enjoy the recently added health spa come wellness centre where massages are available, but the children will definitely enjoy the swimming pool complex with its water slides and lazy river for a fun family camping holiday in France.
Campsite Facilities and Information
Usual Opening Times: From 13th May through to 15th September
Rates: Based on two people with a car and caravan.
From €25 but plus extras such as additional people, electric, pets, etc.
- Chalets to rent
- Mobile Homes to rent
- Tree House to rent with pitch for tent or caravan below it
- Pitches for Motorhomes
- Pitches for Caravans
- Pitches for Tents
- Fully serviced pitches available (electric, water and waste connections)
- Electric hook-ups at 6amp or 10amp
- Water points - some pitches with their own water connection
- Waste disposal point - some pitches with drainage available
- Pets Allowed
- On site Shop
- Restaurant on Site - open from 21st May through to 12th September
- Bakery for fresh bread etc
- Cycle hire
Campsite Activities, Sports and Recreation
- Outdoor swimming pool complex with water slides and childrens pool
- Childrens Playground
- Games Room
- Table Tennis
- Tennis court
- Health Spa / Wllness centre with massages available
- Campsite with fishing available
- Canoeing and Kayaking
Local Attractions and Activities
- Horse riding
- Water sports
- Walking and Hiking
- Cycling and Mountain biking
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Historical sites
- Chateaux including the Chateau de Chambord only 500m away
- Tourist information on Centre Region
Campsite Address & Contact Details:
Camping Chateau des Marais
27 Rue de Chambord
Muides sur Loire
Tel: +33 (0) 2 54 87 05 42
Fax: +33 (0) 2 54 87 05 43
Campsite GPS Degrees Minutes Seconds: 47° 40' 0.1914" 1° 31' 44.004"
Campsite GPS Decimal Degrees: 47.66672 1.52889
Campsite Reference EU111017
Camping Chateau des Marais In Centre