Camping le Port is located by the River Cher with its beach and is a reasonably small campsite in France that only has 40 pitches for tents, caravans and motorhomes, but there are also caravans with awning to rent.
Facilities on this campsite include a motorhome service area and WiFi internet access and even though the restaurant is not on site, it is only approximately 30m away for experiencing the traditional French cuisine, yet they also provide a takeaway service delivered directly to your pitch.
When it comes to activities, this is one of the French campsites with fishing available on the river, providing you have a permit, but then you can even BBQ your catch on the communal BBQ, plus there is canoeing on the river as well. Other activities include table tennis, a multi-sports court, tennis and a games come social room with lots of different board games, plus they will even teach you how to play different French games like belote or boules on the dedicated ground.
Yet the above does not include the places to visit or the history and culture of the Centre region in France, which makes it ideal for a family camping holiday no matter what ones tastes. Obviously, there are the fabulous chateaux and gardens like Chenonceaux where you can even take boat trips underneath the arches and Chambord with its sound and light shows. But there is a zoo come wildlife park, troglodyte villages with the cave houses, vineyards, cellars and wine tasting plus much more for an experience you will never forget.
Campsite Facilities and Information
Usual Opening Times: From the end of April through to the end of September
Rates: Based on two people with a car and caravan.
From €10.50 but plus extras such as additional people, electric, pets, etc.
- Caravans with awnings to rent
- Pitches for Motorhomes
- Pitches for Caravans
- Pitches for Tents
- Electric hook-ups at 10amps
- Water points - and some available on the pitch
- Waste disposal point
- Motorhome service area
- Pets Allowed
- Restaurant - approximately 30m away for regional cuisine
- Takeaway Service - available at the restaurant direct to your pitch
- Cycles available for use by campers
- Child care service available
- Car cleaning service
Campsite Activities, Sports and Recreation
- Childrens Playground
- Games come social room with board games Table Tennis
- Tennis court
- Beach - at the river
- Campsite with fishing available on the river (with a permit)
- Canoeing on the river
- Multi-sports court
- BBQ area
- Teaching you how to learn French games such as belote
- Small library
Local Attractions and Activities
- Horse riding
- Water sports
- Walking and Hiking
- Cycling and Mountain biking
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Hot air balloon rides over the chateaux
- Historical sites
- Zoo come wildlife park
- Museums including an archaeological museum
- Troglodyte villages and cave dwellings
- Boat trips and cruises
- Chateaux including Chenonceaux
- Tourist information on Centre Region
Campsite Address & Contact Details:
Camping le Port
3 Rue du Passeur
Mareuil sur Cher
Tel: +33 (0) 2 54 32 79 51
Mobile: +33 (0) 6 98 12 06 98
Campsite GPS Degrees Minutes Seconds: 47° 17' 40.0194" 1° 19' 35.904"
Campsite GPS Decimal Degrees: 47.29445 1.32664
Campsite Reference EU111024
Camping le Port Campsite In Centre